Need a new fence for your home? Call us at (206) 539-6562 or drop us an email at [email protected]
You can also fill out the handy form on our Contact page and we’ll be happy to help.
If you’re looking for a professional fence contractor serving north Seattle to Snohomish County Washington you have several options. The best fence depends largely on your reason for wanting one.
Follow these steps to decide what type of fence is best for your needs.
- Define your needs. Examples: privacy, keeping wildlife out of your yard or garden, beauty, safety for children and pets.
- Work out on a budget. Costs for fencing materials and labor can vary widely by materials and fence type. Your budget will help determine what type of fence you can afford.
- Explore the pros and cons of the various available materials. Materials include wood (usually cedar fences), wrought iron, and chain link.
- Be clear on the guidelines of your homeowner’s association (HOA). If your neighborhood has an HOA, you’ll need to be sure you’re following their rules for fences.
- Identify your property line. Be sure you know where your exact property line lies before you start to build your fence.
- Find the best fencing company in south Snohomish County or North King County. Installing a cedar fence or other types of fence requires specialized tools and carpentry skills. You will probably save money in the long run by hiring an experienced fencing company who knows the region and its environment.
These best practices will help you with how to find the best fence contractor in the Seattle area.
- Ask around. Word-of-mouth is a great way to find good Seattle fence companies. If you know someone with a beautiful fence, ask them which Seattle fence company they used.
- Do a Google search and read fence company reviews. A quick Google search can help you find the best fence contractor in your area. However, customizing your search will narrow your options down even further. For example, you can search Google for “best fence contractor near me.” Another option is to search by city.
- Check social media reviews. Once you have identified a potential fence contractor, head over to their social media pages and read their reviews. Note that not all fence contractors will have social media profiles.
- When you talk to a fence company, ask them about bonding, licensing, and insurance. Licensing and bonding aren’t necessarily required for building a fence, and many contractors work without these safety nets. Make sure the fencing company you choose has these elements in place.
- Find a fence company that works with the type of fence you want to build. If you want a cedar fence, go with a company specializing in this type of fence to ensure you get the best results.
- Get pricing estimates. Pricing estimates can vary widely. While the material cost is standard, the labor cost will vary by company.
- Evaluate more than one company. It’s a good idea to speak with more than one company so that you can get the best value for your money. When evaluating a fence company in Seattle, consider their experience, cost, and reviews.
Most homeowners want privacy in their backyard. If this is what you’re looking for, a cedar fence is the best privacy fence for a backyard.
If increasing the value of your property is important to you, iron or cedar fences are a solid investment. When installing a fence to increase property value, be sure to work with a professional fencing company that is licensed and bonded.
A well-maintained fence can increase your property value by as much as $6,000, depending on the material used and the age of the fence. While some home buyers want a more open landscape, potential buyers with pets or children will pay a premium price for a house with a fenced backyard.
Keep these considerations in mind if you want to use your fence to raise the property value of your home.
- Fence position
- Ease of maintenance
- The style of your home
- Neighborhood trends
The length of time required to build your fence will depend on permitting, material availability, weather, and other factors. However, the average time to finish most jobs is between three and five days.
Jacob Walsh is the owner of Sky Fence Company in Edmonds, Washington, and he started building fences more than 20 years ago in 1999.
He has a reputation in the industry for delivering top quality custom fences.
In terms of beauty, durability, and privacy, cedar is the best material for fences.
The distance between fence posts will vary depending on the style of fence you want, but fence posts should be no more than eight feet apart.
How close to the property line your fence can be depends on the city. However, you can go right up to the property line in most cases.
Fence height regulations vary widely by city. However, a good rule of thumb is that most cities allow backyard fences up to six feet tall and front yard fences up to four feet tall.
In Seattle, fences can be six feet solid, plus a two-foot window for see-through decorative elements such as lattice or wire.
In Brier and Bellevue, your fence can be eight feet solid.
Want to know what the regulations are in your city? Call Sky Fence Company at 206-539-6562.
If you have a tight budget and need a fence, chain link fences are the most affordable option.
Chain-link fences come in a variety of colors to compliment your home. Vinyl-coated chain-link fences with colors like black, green, and brown have a softer aesthetic than the industrial galvanized steel.
You don’t have to be at home when your fence is being built. However, it can be helpful to have someone there to answer questions as they come up. It’s also nice to have the homeowner involved in the process of constructing your fence.
If a permit is needed to build your fence, Sky Fence Company will handle the permitting process.
If utility companies need to be contacted for your fence construction, Sky Fence will contact them.
Sky Fence Company is licensed. Our license number is SKYFEFC784DT.
Sky Fence Company is insured by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company.
Our bonding is with American Contractors Indemnity Company.
Metal fence products come with a manufacturer’s warranty. Additionally, we warranty our work against installation defects.
We are here to help you choose and design a residential fence that will suit your needs, complement your home, and remain durable in our northwest environment. We offer an array of possibilities to achieve your goals.
Additionally, if you currently have a fence that you are unhappy with we can repair it or replace it even if we did not install it originally.